Monday, June 24, 2013

The Family Hike Field trip... and a story of prayer.....

Mom Wanted to Do a family hike last week after my voice lesson. Mom likes to do weekly field trips during the summer... It was all going great, aside from the slight sprinkling which brought on some complaints but we live in Oregon and if we waited for the Sun to do everything we would do a lot of waiting... Anyways, mom wanted to take it a little slower to enjoy the scenery but all the kids like going a little faster trying to get through the hike quickly... I tried to take it more relaxing but I wanted a good work out and ended up in a little higher gear with Isaiah so Conner and mom enjoyed the trail a little more and all the scenery around them... then we waited at a cross point.... and waited..... and they weren't coming. Finally we yelled out and mom had sprained her ankle! She wanted to keep going and didn't want to ruin the hike but man she was not moving very fast. We told her it wouldn't be good to keep putting weight on it so Isaiah Conner and I ran up the hill to get the car and mom and Maddie stayed by the road (the cross point) til we came back for them. We had gone to Cape Perpetua and driven to the top of the hike and had only gone down hill to the point we stopped with mom, so it was a trek back up I tell you. After about a minute or so of running we were a huffing and a puffing. At the top of the trail the fog was still in and the side of the hill reminded me of the Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit and their great journeys across the mountains. Boy did I get my work out in lol. Following the "hike" we decided to tour a little part of Yahats. There was this really cute kitchen gadget shop and a candy shop we checked out, it was fun. We got hungry on the way home and Isaiah wanted us to try "the best shakes" in Waldport so we got a small one to share and then got to have lunch at Mazetlan! So mom got hurt and that wasn't so cool but we still had a good time together and mom was a sport about it.

I got my job! Even though I am wearing a khaki shirt and green pants I like it. I felt I looked very official with keys on my belt loop and the badges and such on my shirt. The first few days of work were really hard... all computer work and watching to begin the training.... I was also having a down time in the month and was frustrated. I wanted to start my job feeling excited for something new and wanting to go.... but because of the chemicals in my body I just felt down and awful. After day two I wanted to quit so bad inside. I was feeling negative and if you feed those negative feelings it just gets worse.... so I decided to pray. I wanted to be more positive and I even thanked Heavenly Father for giving me a fighting spirit, because no matter how much I wanted to and thought about quitting something inside me would not let me. I knew I needed this job and it would get better and I had to do it. I knew it would help me prepare for school and would be a great blessing to me. So even though I was frustrated in my prayer and let out those frustrations to my Heavenly Father I could not help but thank him for the good and plead for help. That in itself was a blessing, that my spirit was aided to pray for help and share gratitude a midst the trials I was facing inside. I also was blessed to be supported by great friends and family members who helped encourage me even though it was difficult.. on day three of the job I woke up a little earlier than planned and prayed for desire to get out of bed extra early so I could get some things done before work. I read my scriptures and pondered. I prayed. I did a ten minute circuit. I listened to scriptures while I got ready.... I wanted to show the Lord that He is number one and he blessed me for it. I felt strengthened and more positive. Work was better and I was better, it was amazing! I usually don't get out of a funk like that so quickly but the Lord enabled me and I was blessed! It was a beautiful example of the Strengthening and Enabling Power of the Lord which comes from the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I stayed up late to watch a movie with the family that night.... not such a good idea. I woke up pretty tired. I got to work and was really tired,... so I prayed. I said "Heavenly Father last night I wanted to start the movie earlier but the family had delays and I couldn't help it. I choose to follow they commandment and don't drink coffee so wilt thou bless me with energy since I am keeping the commandments?" And He did. See D&C 89... It says if we follow the word of wisdom we will be able to run and not be weary and walk and not faint... I was blessed. Prayer is a form of strength and power, use it. Access the power of God in your life. Pray! Be Grateful! We are so blessed and God is ever willing to help and bless us more. Don't give up! Here are two songs to help you keep going if you're struggling. Buy these songs! They are amazing!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment